Here are some grooming tips for French Bulldog Puppies:
- Fur is the main area that needs to be groomed, in your Frenchie. Regular trimming, brushing and combing of the fur is very essential to keep its beauty intact.
- The dental care of your French bulldog puppy is quiet essential. Start cleaning his teeth from a very early age. If the dental care of the pup is poor, it will lead to early health problems. Tooth decay in your Frenchie can also lead to serious kidney and liver problems. Brush your bulldog’s teeth as often as possible and take him to a vet once in a year, for thorough cleaning.
- Taking care of your Frenchie’s paw is important as well. Proper trimming of the nails and cleaning of dust or debris that can get lodged in between the toes is very essential, to keep your puppy healthy. Regular nail trimming will make the movement of your puppy comfortable. It will also prevent the nails from growing inwards, which can be painful for your puppy.
- Cleaning your French bulldog’s eyes should be done every couple of days. Take a moist cotton swab and gently wipe the outer areas of his eyes, to remove any discharge. There are few products available in the market that can help you remove any discoloration of the fur around the eyes.
- The ears of a French bulldog puppy should always be of pale pink color and free of any foul odor. It is an easy task to clean your puppy’s ear. Take a cotton swab or a pad with a little warm water and gently clean the inner areas of the ear. Keep in mind not to go deep into the ear canal, while cleaning. Cleaning of the ear should also be done on a regular basis, to avoid any kind of infection.